Evolving from terrestrial snakes of Australia and Asia about 10 million years ago, this air-breathing, flat-tailed sea snake is known for its highly potent venom. Containing strong neurotoxins and myotoxins, the Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake’s bite can cause neuromuscular paralysis, whilst a serious bite from its sharp fangs can result in total paralysis and death. A striking example of the Perth Mint’s full-colour minting, the vibrant hues of this ocean-dwelling creature have been captured perfectly upon the 40.60mm flan of the 2013 $1 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 1oz Silver Proof.
Struck from 1oz of pure .999 silver, this stunning precious metal Proof is a must-have for those who own any of the previous Deadly & Dangerous coins – each of which has sold out and soared in value.
- Features a dramatic colour design of the Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake
- Worldwide mintage restricted to a mere 5,000 coins – sell-out certain!
- Crafted to immaculate Proof quality from 1oz of pure .999 silver
- Struck by Australia’s own Perth Mint as official Tuvalu legal tender
- Presented within a high-gloss timber case with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- In the interests of fairness, a limit of one coin per household must apply