The cause of almost half the recorded spider-bite deaths in Australia over the last century, the Funnel-Web Spider is relatively large, fast and aggressive when threatened. Known for the distinctive web from which it takes its name, and armed with an array of potentially deadly toxins, the Funnel-Web grips its victims tightly, and bites repeatedly with its large, powerful fangs. A striking example of The Perth Mint’s peerless full-colour minting techniques, the malevolent beauty of this lethal arachnid has been captured perfectly upon the 40.60mm flan of the 2012 $1 Funnel-Web Spider 1oz Silver Proof.
Struck from a troy ounce of pure 99.9% silver, this stunning precious metal Proof proved irresistible to collectors from around the globe, with its sell-out both dramatic and shockingly quick.
- Highlighted by a dramatic colour design of Australia’s lethal Funnel-Web Spider
- Exclusive! Tiny worldwide mintage restricted to just 5,000 coins!
- Crafted to Proof quality from 1oz of pure 99.9% silver
- Struck by The Perth Mint as official Tuvalu legal tender
- Beautifully presented within a high-gloss timber case with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity